I WANT TO HELP YOU KICK ASS.
"the world's most competent swiss-army knife of a human being" - my friend David Rothschild (singer, songwriter, producer)
PHOTOGRAPHY / VIDEOGRAPHY
Photography and videography get me amped up like nothing else, and I love collaborating with other creatives to bring an artistic vision to life. I specialize in the following areas, and I love a creative challenge, so if you've got something not listed here - bring it on! If it's a good fit, I am all over it. I've been Eric Hutchinson's personal photographer and videographer for the last two years, including on several cross-country tours, and have also created photos, album art, tour admats, posters, and graphic design for a number of artists, including Julien Baker, Colbie Caillat, Anya Marina, Raye Zaragoza, and Skout.
I love doing:
- tour photography/videography
- live events/concerts
- photo and video documentary/behind-the-scenes (tour, in the studio, writing, etc.)
- tour promo and recap videos
- music videos
- graphic design - album art, tour admats and posters, graphics, etc.
- oh, and i can do your website while I'm at it! Eric, Colbie, Raye, and Skout are all stoked on theirs.
I am a human swiss-army knife, and I've done most jobs on the road: TM, photo, video, merch management. My current tour is as Raye Zaragaoza's TM/photographer/merch manager, as she opens for Dispatch in amphitheatres all summer. I've previously been assistant TM on bus tours hitting 1500-cap venues around the country. I've also assistant TM'ed a tour that consisted solely of fly dates, and been around the country with Eric Hutchinson as assistant TM/photographer/videographer several times. I also freelance advance shows for artists when needed. When I'm out as TM or assistant TM, I usually also serve as photographer. I love being on the road, I'm ridiculously organized, and I excel at creative problem solving - and more importantly, anticipating and addressing potential problems before they occur. My goal is for the whole tour team to be happy, healthy, hydrated, and performing at their best.
CREATIVE + STRATEGIC CONSULTING + WEB DESIGN
It's critically important to have a compelling brand and marketing to match, but the development and execution of your long-term goals is just as vital.
I can help you assess your current status as a brand, band, or creative and design a plan to achieve your goals. I'm pretty pro at taking daunting, big-picture objectives and breaking them down into smaller, achievable steps.
Projects I've consulted on before include:
- coordinating major music campaigns
- it's an intimidating balancing act, but one I've gotten good at: keeping budgeting, deadlines, release marketing campaign, album art, promo photos, music videos, visual content, blogs, radio, social media, and more all on track and on schedule
- album and product releases
- tour planning
- writing and recording an album
- promotion/rollout campaigns
- breakdowns of major goals into a realistic timeline with achievable steps toward the end goal
- career timeline mapping
- strengths/weaknesses analysis
My video partner in crime, Laura Valk/Skout, and I have a mobile recording kit that allows us to record professional audio + video anywhere. The video is color corrected and edited to professional standards, and the audio quality we can get on-site is INSANE. One time we recorded Skout live in the middle of the woods and you'd never know there were branches rustling and birds chirping and wind blowing. Laura's a sound engineering genius.
Our favorite things to film are:
- live sessions
- music videos
- documentary/behind-the-scenes (tour, in the studio, etc.)
- Skout's Out Loud Sessions (co-produced with Skout herself)
I also do solo film work, such as these music video projects for Eric Hutchinson's album Modern Happiness.
Here's one of our latest releases - Skout hit the studio with drummer Justin Heaverin and bassist Trevor Brown to record some tracks live: