I WANT TO HELP YOU KICK ASS.
BRANDING + MARKETING
Creative storytelling is really freakin' fun, and that's why I love branding + marketing. I love helping the people and brands I work with tell their stories in dynamic, compelling, emotionally engaging ways across a variety of media forms. I love helping creatives connect with their customers and fans in unexpected ways.
I can help you increase your kickass-ness in:
- brand narratives/development
- brand logos and slogans
- content development and creation
- multi-platform marketing and engagement strategies
- social media marketing
- mailing lists
- I'll teach you how to create engaging content across platforms
- connect with your customers and fans
- we'll provide lessons in the use of data and analytics
- track engagement - discover what works for you and your brand
- drive more traffic to your website
- increase sales (products, event tickets, merch, you know, the stuff that pays the bills)
- boost engagement on social media
- understand what content your customers and fans connect most with
Plus, I have backup. A ninja-squad, if you will. If there's something I can't do, they can. We have a skilled, enthusiastic team of:
- graphic designers
- web designers
- artist managers
- personal stylists
For some of my most recent branding work, check out skoutmusic.com. I did all the photo, video, and design for the site, and I'm pretty damn proud of it.
Ready to get started or have more questions about our branding + marketing work? Click here.
CREATIVE + STRATEGIC CONSULTING
It's critically important to have a compelling brand and marketing to match, but the development and execution of your long-term goals is just as vital.
I can help you assess your current status as a brand, band, or creative and design a plan to achieve your goals. I'm pretty pro at taking daunting, big-picture objectives and breaking them down into smaller, achievable steps.
Projects I've consulted on before include:
- coordinating major music campaigns
- it's an intimidating balancing act, but one we've gotten good at: keeping budgeting, deadlines, release marketing campaign, album art, promo photos, music videos, visual content, blogs, radio, social media, and more all on track and on schedule
- album and product releases
- tour planning
- writing and recording an album
- promotion/rollout campaigns
- breakdowns of major goals into a realistic timeline with achievable steps toward the end goal
- career timeline mapping
- strengths/weaknesses analysis
Pretty straightforward. I manage tours, and assist in managing others. My first forays into tour management were in a Subaru hatchback that the band and I used as a moving hotel (I do not recommend this. ever.) but I've since moved on to managing van runs and serving as assistant TM on bus tours to 1500-cap venues around the country, and assisted the TM on a tour that consisted solely of fly dates. I usually also serve as photographer. I love being on the road, I'm ridiculously organized, and I excel at creative problem solving - and more importantly, anticipating and addressing potential problems before they occur.
I specialize in the following areas of photography, and I love a creative challenge, so if you've got something not listed here - bring it on! If it's a good fit, I am all over it:
- live music events/concerts
- documentary/behind-the-scenes (tour, in the studio, writing, etc.)
My video partner in crime, Laura Valk/Skout, and I have a mobile recording kit that allows us to record professional audio + video anywhere. The video is color corrected and edited to professional standards, and the audio quality we can get on-site is INSANE. One time we recorded Skout live in the middle of the woods and you'd never know there were branches rustling and birds chirping and wind blowing. Laura's a sound engineering genius.
Our favorite things to film are:
- live sessions
- music videos
- documentary/behind-the-scenes (tour, in the studio, etc.)
- Skout's Out Loud Sessions (co-produced with Skout herself)
I also do solo film work, such as these music video projects for Eric Hutchinson's album Modern Happiness.
Here's one of our latest releases - Skout hit the studio with drummer Justin Heaverin and bassist Trevor Brown to record some tracks live: